For the past four years, I have had the honour of serving as your Public School Board Trustee. Since my election in 2014, I have been working hard to deliver on our community’s priorities. Together, we have made a real impact and delivered tangible results for students in our local schools.
- Increased access to busing for students
- Increased support for special education
- Built kindergarten outdoor learning spaces
- Made countless improvements to the infrastructure of our local schools
I have also been a strong advocate for increased access to technology and for ensuring equity in education for all students. Most importantly, I've made it my top priority to be accessible to our parents in order to solve any issues they have had with their schools.
In the last four years, I have served on various committees at the Peel District School Board including the:
- Instructional Programs/Curriculum Committee
- Special Education Advisory Committee
- Physical Planning and Building Committee
- Budget Development Committee
- Mississauga Library Board
In addition to serving as your public school board trustee, I am a social worker at a local hospital in Mississauga. I previously worked as a Settlement Worker in a number of schools in our community. I understand the issues students face in our schools and have worked with them, their families, teachers and principals to resolve them.
This is an important election. My main priority remains working to address the needs and challenges of the students and their families in Wards 9 & 10. I love this job and I love this community. We have accomplished a great deal in the last four years but there is still lots to be done.
On October 22nd, I am asking for your support because I want to continue working for you and delivering results for our community.
Nokha Dakroub - BSW, BEd, MSW, RSW